When it comes to tax time, are you prepared? Make a file folder to track the items you'll need for next years taxes.
Here's a check list for you and your tax preparer. Put this list on the inside cover and check-off the items as you add them to the folder.
- Social Security or Individual Tax ID Number
- Bank account name, routing number and account number for your refunds
- Property tax payments
- Any estimated tax payments made
- W2 Forms
- State tax refunds from last year
- Social Security Benefits
- 1099 forms
- Rental Property Income
- Unemployment Income
- Pension Income
- Investment Income
- Retirement Income
- Other income like Lottery or Casino winnings
Expenses and Deductions
- Do you have any grand child care expenses
- Educational Expenses
- Medical Insurance including health care insurance and payments
- Itemized Medical Receipts
- Job and vehicle expenses related to any job you may have.
- Mortgage Interest
- Real Estate Taxes
- Retirement Plan Contributions
- Any Charitable Contributions
Other Tax Information
- Are you self employed?
- Do you have other business interests?
- Do you have any home office expenses