Here are a few tips to help keep you computer secure. Remember if you can connect to the internet, then others may be able to connect to your computer. This will also help you with peace of mind on any scams others may try to pull on you.
- Don't open emails from senders who you don't know. Just delete them.
- Beware of fraudulent emails, again delete them if you are unsure.
- Don't follow links in emails from senders you don't know or even from emails where a friend or family may have forwarded information.
- Change your passwords regularly.
- Use long and complicated passwords with the help of a password manager.
- Keep your antivirus software up to date. I use an Apple Mac and so I rely on apple and safari for much of this.
- Be very cautious of websites you visit. Make sure you read and understand the URL for unknown web sites. I heard of someone who typed in SSS. com thinking they were getting to the Social Security government site. They entered their social security number on the fraudulent site.
- Keep you computer operating system up to date with the latest security patches.
<-- Return to Money Home page for more security and scam advice